Lenght and minerality
Pinot Noir 2017 Côte de Rouffach - Bio
Pinot Noir 2017 Côte de Rouffach
The vine :
Sheltered by the highest peaks of the Vosges mountains, this terroir receives an exceptional amount of sunshine. The mainly limestone subsoil ensures good drainage. The exposure of the hillsides goes from east to south-east. In 2005 the INAO (Institut National des Appellations d’Origine) acknowledge the denomination Côte de Rouffach as a communal appellation.
- Area of production : Côte de Rouffach
- Average age of vines : 40 years
The wine :
- Harvested by hand in 20kg boxes
- Date of harvest : September 5th and 6th 2017
- Yield : 57 hl/ha
- Vinification : Maturing in barrels (17% whole bunches, 8% new oak)
- Acidity : 6 grams/litre (in tartaric acid)
- Alcohol : 13.5 %/volume
- Ageing potential : Until 2027
This Pinot Noir is perfect with red meat, duck, pigeon or game.
Organic and biodynamic wine certified by FR-BIO 01.