Pinot Noir 2018 "V" - Bio
Pure and slender
Delivery Throughout the E.U.
Pinot Noir 2018 "V"
The vine :
The grand cru Vorbourg is located in the southern part of Alsace and protected by the highest summits of the Vosges mountains (the "Grand Ballon" and the "Petit Ballon"). The soil (clay and calcareous) is covered with a sheet of loess on the down-side. The slopes face south to south-east. The Muré family’s vineyard located in the Vorbourg is cultivated in organic farming. The V is for the first letter of the word Vorbourg. This pinot noir is planted in the grand cru Vorbourg area and can’t be called as it. Indeed, the only type of vines authorized in appelation Grand Cru are the riesling, the pinot gris, the gewurztraminer and the muscat.
- Production area: Vorbourg
- Average age of vines: 18 years
- Date of the harvest: August 27th and 28th 2018
- Harvest : By hand in 20-kg-boxes
The wine :
- The winemaking : Maturing in barrels
- Date of harvest : September 1st 2017
- Residual sugar: <1 gram/litre
- Acidity: 5.5 grams/litre (in tartaric acid)
- Alcohol : 13 % / volume
- Yield : 34 hl/ha
- Ageing potential : Untill 2035
This Pinot Noir is perfect with red meat, duck, pigeon or game.
Organic and biodynamic wine certified by FR-BIO 01.
Food pairing idea : veal chop