Wine made with grapes from biological farming, certified by FR-BIO 01. AOC Alsace.
Pinot Gris 2016 VT Clos St Landelin - Bio
Body, fruit and minerality. Long ageing potential.
Pinot Gris 2016 VT Clos St Landelin
The vine :
Located in Rouffach, in the South of Alsace, the Clos Saint Landelin, monopole of the Muré family,covers 12 hectares (29 acres). It’s situated at the southern end of the grand cru Vorbourg.Its steep south facing slopes are cultivated in terraces. The soil is clay and limestone with a
lot of stones. The subsoil is made of calcareous sandstone from the Bajocien and calcareous conglomerates from the Oligocene. The vineyard is in organic farming.
- Average age of vines : 49 years
The wine :
- Vinification : Slow fermentation and maturation on fine lees
- Residual sugar : 122 grams/litre
- Alcohol : 11 %/volume
- Date of harvest : October 18th and 19th 2016
- Yield : 45 hl/ha
- Ageing potential : More than 20 years
Organic and biodynamic wines certified by FR-BIO 01.
AOC Grand Cru Vorbourg.