Wine made with grapes from biological farming, certified by FR-BIO 01. AOC Alsace.
Gewurztraminer 2017 VT Vorbourg - Bio
Gewurztraminer 2017 VT Vorbourg
The vine :
Located in the southern part of Alsace and protected by the highest summits of the Vosges mountains (the «Grand Ballon» and the «Petit Ballon»), the Grand Cru Vorbourg benefits from a sunny microclimate. The soil (marly and limestone) is covered with a sheet of loess on the down-side. The slopes face south to south-east.
« V » is the first letter of the word “Vorbourg”, name of the grand cru in Rouffach. The vines for this pinot noir are located in the grand cru Vorbourg. The grape-varieties allowed for the appellation grand cru are riesling, pinot gris, gewurztraminer and Muscat only. For this reason the wine cannot be called Vorbourg.
- Production area : Grand Cru Vorbourg
- Average age of wine : 18 years
The wine :
- Vinification : Slow fermentation and maturation on fine lees
- Residual sugar : 78 grams/liter
- Acidity : 5,8 grams/liter (in tartaric acid)
- Alcohol : 12,5 %/volume
- Date of harvest : October 19th 2017
- Yield : 38 hl/ha
- Ageing potential : More than 20 years
Organic and biodynamic wines certified by FR-BIO 01.
AOC Grand Cru Vorbourg.